Personal Training is not all about lifting weights and sweating bullets. Contrary to popular belief, Training is not limited to a Fitness Centre or Weight Room; it can move beyond that, extending into every area of physical activity and health. Your casual desire to get in shape will become an active desire to do something fun! A trainer is there to help you understand the reasons for your current lifestyle, and can give you new, positive and rewarding habits!
Need a little extra encouragement or help to get started? Consider what a personal trainer could do for you to help you achieve your goals. Drop by Membership Services or visit our web site to complete a client profile questionnaire. The profile will be used to help identify a certified trainer who shares your values and exhibits strengths in the area you wish to pursue. Purchase more sessions for better prices!
For more information on the UTM Personal Fitness Program contact Andrew Bellerby at 905-569-4655.
Personal Fitness Assessment
Interested in starting a fitness program or just curious about your fitness level? Your aerobic fitness, muscular strength & endurance, flexibility and body composition will be assessed. This will be followed by a consultation to help meet your needs and goals. Our Assessment Centre promotes a proactive approach to health and wellness where you are empowered to choose a healthy lifestyle.
What Does a Trainer Do?
- Teaches proper exercise technique
- Acts as a "spotter" for all exercises
- Gives motivation to get to the gym
- Helps you set and achieve goals
- Fine tunes an individualized program
- Teaches new and more advanced techniques and activities
- Helps you fully enjoy workouts
- Focuses on keeping your strengths and improving onweaknesses
- Monitors and responds to changes in your body and lifestyle
- Helps you work through plateaus
- Teaches you how and what to eat
- Helps you get the most from your workouts
Activity and Health
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Improve athletic ability
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Reduce risk of diabetes
- Reduce risk of osteoporosis
- Increase balance and flexibility
- Increase energy levels
- Improve self-image and self-esteem
- Increase muscle fiber recruitment
- Manage body fat levels
- Reduce daily risks of injury
Who Needs a Trainer?
People who are new to exercising and need a safe routine to follow or are unsure about proper exercise technique; People who want to lose weight or improve their overall health, including strength and cardiovascular fitness; Committed exercisers or athletes who want to strive for more ambitious goals or introduce new elements to their program.