Learn to Dance at UTM
Ballroom - Level 1
International ballroom dancing is comprised of the waltz, quickstep, tango, foxtrot and Viennese waltz. These beautiful and graceful dances are a great way to exercise. Bring a partner with you and come enjoy great music, dancing and each other. Wow your friends with your moves and have fun learning to dance. Your partner does not have to be from U of T, as non-members can also sign up.
- Beginner: Mondays, January 21 - March 18, 2013 8:00-9:00pm
- Intermediate Mondays, January 21- March 18, 2013 9:00-10:00pm
Belly Dancing - Women's Only - Beginner and Intermediate Classes
Mystical, mesmerizing and sensual. The practice of Belly dancing builds strength, promotes excellent posture, improves flexibility, helps reduce weight and tension, and inspires creativity and coordination.
- Beginner: Tuesdays, January 15 - March 26, 2013, 4:30-5:30
- Intermediate Tuesdays, January 15 - March 26, 2013, 5:30-6:30pm
Practice your moves and share with others during this supervised drop in break dance period. This is not an instructional class but a free drop-in supervised recreational dance time. There will be 2-3 hours available each week to break.
- UTM Breakers is a registered UTMSU club that organizes the drop-in time. Please contact them if you have any questions
A rhythmic and energetic dance that combines street movements with a hint of jazz.
- Thursdays, January 17 - March 28, 2013, 7:00-8:00pm and/or 8:00-9:00pm
Latin - Beginner and Intermediate
Latin dancing includes Salsa, Cha-Cha, Samba, Meringue, Rhumba, Jive, and Bachata. Any of these dances can be taken straight to Toronto's hottest night clubs, parties or weddings to impress the crowd. It’s a great way to get fit while enjoying time with your friends and making new ones. Beginners are welcome to come at any point during the year.
- Beginner: Tuesdays, January 15 - March 26, 2013, 6:30-7:30pm
- Intermediate: Tuesdays, January 15 - March 26, 2013, 7:30-8:30pm