Learn to Dance at UTM
Ballroom - Level 1
International ballroom dancing is comprised of the waltz, quickstep, tango, foxtrot and Viennese waltz. These beautiful and graceful dances are a great way to exercise. Bring a partner with you and come enjoy great music, dancing and each other. Wow your friends with your moves and have fun learning to dance. Your partner does not have to be from U of T, as non-members can also sign up.
Beginner: Mondays, January 13 - March 10, 2014 8:00-9:00pm
Belly Dancing - Women's Only - Beginner and Intermediate Classes
Mystical, mesmerizing and sensual. The practice of Belly dancing builds strength, promotes excellent posture, improves flexibility, helps reduce weight and tension, and inspires creativity and coordination.
- Beginner: Tuesdays, January 14 - March 25, 2014, 4:30-5:30
- Intermediate Tuesdays, January 14 - March 25, 2014, 5:30-6:30pm
Bollywood dance incorporates various styles and energies. Participants will learn basic foot wookwork, hand gestures and use of body angles and facial expressions to compliment the given dance routine. By the end of the session, participants perform a complete routine.
- Monday, September 30 - November 25, 2013 7:30-8:30pm
Practice your moves and share with others during this supervised drop in break dance period. This is not an instructional class but a free drop-in supervised recreational dance time. There will be 2-3 hours available each week to break.
- UTM Breakers is a registered UTMSU club that organizes the drop-in time. Please contact them if you have any questions
A rhythmic and energetic dance that combines street movements with a hint of jazz.
- Thursdays, January 16- March 20, 2014 8:00-9:00pm
An energetic style of dance that infuses balance, flexiblity, musicality, stamina and strength. Jazz encourages the development of coordination and rhythm. Technique includes a variety of fundamental steps such as jumps, turns and kicks while incorporating style and grace. All levles are welcome.
- Thursday, January 16 - March 27, 2014 7:00-8:00pm
Latin - Beginner and Intermediate
Latin dancing includes Salsa, Cha-Cha, Samba, Meringue, Rhumba, Jive, and Bachata. Any of these dances can be taken straight to Toronto's hottest night clubs, parties or weddings to impress the crowd. It’s a great way to get fit while enjoying time with your friends and making new ones. Beginners are welcome to come at any point during the year.
- Beginner: Tuesdays, January 14 - March 25, 2014, 6:30-7:30pm
- Intermediate: Tuesdays, January 14 - March 25, 2013, 7:30-8:30pm